RevNet certification(?)

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Thu May 29 00:45:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 10:52  PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Thanks to the engine's built-in md5 support, crsafting a scheme isn't
> the
> hard part.  The hard part is deciding who gets a certificate and who
> doesn't....

I know that's why I suggested the web-of-trust concept ala PGP. It's a
way of managing trust levels. It's different than a Verisign like
"certifying authority". Quoting one of the articles about it:

"[using PGP web of trust]... Any group, no matter how informal and how
dispersed, can build up the web of trust needed for secure
communications."

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com