Release 2.0r2 - Unexplained CPU usage shoots to 100%

Dave McKee sarawak at telus.net
Wed May 28 19:19:00 EDT 2003

Since installing 2.0r2, I have found that under a wide variety of
circumstances ( which means I have not got a clue as to how to isolate this
), cpu usage shoots to 100% and just stays there seemly forever.  It can
happen while editing a script, using the debugger or just all on its own
without intervention from me.

So far, after 2,3 minutes, with the use of cmd period it stops as in cpu
usage returns to normal levels.  I am using osx 10.2.6 on a 1G G4 Powerbook
with 1G RAM, and running with few background processes.

Help !