Sending files to the Trash

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed May 28 11:30:00 EDT 2003

Howard,

You can use AppleScript for this:

tell application "Finder"
  move file <filePath> to trash
end tell

The key is to make sure you create a proper file path that AppleScript
will accept (i.e. colon-delimited, not "/" delimited like Rev uses). So
for example, my hard disk is named "Stormwinds" and I have OS X running
on it, so my AppleScript would be:

tell application "Finder"
  move file "Stormwinds:Users:kenray:Desktop:Test.txt" to trash
end tell

Hope this helps,