Reporting tool

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Wed May 28 09:35:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 11:42  PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 08:41 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>
>> Dan Shafer wrote:
>>
>>> I agree with the analysis that it would be easier to create reports
>>> directly in Transcript than to try to mangle an external that would
>>> do
>>> so. However, if someone came up with a stack/app in Rev that handled
>>> most or all reporting functionality sufficiently generically and
>>> extensibly, I think it would be a world-beater of an app. I'd buy one
>>> for sure!
>>
>> Here's the deciding question:  How _much_ would you pay?
>>
> For the right tool? upwards of $100 depending on feature set, data
> source diversity, ease of use.
I don't personally need this kind of tool for anything I'm currently
working on but if I did, I'd say $100 for use either for myself or a
limited non-commercial distribution (like for an in-company
application). $1,000 for unlimited commercial distribution license in
an application and something in between for smaller distribution apps
like shareware.

Bill Vlahos