effective topstack

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue May 27 14:13:00 EDT 2003

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> The "openstacks", "the stacks", and "the windows" functions,
> unfortunately, *sometimes* produce what I called "unexpected behavior"
> in one of my stacks. This was the reason why  I was looking for another,
> but "clean" function to get the "effective topstack".

 "the windows" gives you a list of all open windows, in top-to-bottom
               layer order regardless of mode.

 "the topstack" gives you the topmost stack of the lowest mode.

How would you define "effective topstack"?  What was the "unexpected
behavior" you were experiencing?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation