Brain-teaser: OCR in RR

Stephen Barncard stephenIC at barncard.com
Tue May 27 05:15:41 EDT 2003

I'd hire someone to make an Xcmd to do the bitwork to obtain the image:
(tiffWidth, tiffHeight info should be in the headers of the tiff file)

getThePattern(tiffData, tiffWidth, tiffHeight,blockwidth,blockHeight)

which would return rawData of blockWidth and blockHeight

If you have to just determine if a barcode is there, then that should
be fairly easy -- compare start/sync bars at the beginning and end.

If you have to read the actual barcode numbers , I'd create another Xcmd.
these guys might do it: http://www.undu.com/DN960501/00000005.htm

If you do all of the reading and conversion in Transcript, you should
probably use arrays for speed.

quite a challenge. Nice project.

sqb