Building data base aps with Rev (Tuviah M Snyder) (Jan Schenkel)

Sadhunathan Nadesan sadhu at castandcrew.com
Mon May 26 13:15:01 EDT 2003

| I wasn't planning on letting this thread die a slow
| and horrible death, forgotten in the vast archives of
| the RunRev webserver ;-)
| Unfortunately, I've been trying hard to make MySQL
| behave like it ought to ; and believe me, tracing an
| intricate thing as the 'revDatabase' frontScript is
| not a pretty sight, heh.
| But I am working on a simple master-detail form sample
| stack ; hopefully somewhere in this coming week, it
| will be up on my website.

Jan,

Many thanks for all the helpful hints, I'll go back and try to improve
the code per your suggestions.  Really appreciate that.

If you want to send me what you have so far in the way of the
Master-Detail stack, and a schema listing for the tables involved,
I can try building a PostgreSQL data base to match and see if it works
against that  (ie, the theory being, it's a MySQL problem as opposed to
a Rev problem?)

Sadhu