Help with hyperlinks

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Sun May 25 14:00:01 EDT 2003

>What I want to be able to do is link certain observations that I am making
>in my presentation to related image files.

Hi James,

You don't specify exactly what kind of setup you're using for the talk
(will your audience see what's on your computer?) so the details may need
to be changed, but basically you just want to build a mouseup handler
that will identify your links and take the appropriate action.

Set the textstyle of the phrases you want (like "los angeles free press)
to Link. Then create a mouseup handler in the text field something like
this:

on mouseup

  switch the clicktext
    case "Los Angeles Free Press"
    show image "Free Press Cover.jpg"
    break

    case "UPS"
    show image "USP.jpg"
    break

    case "LNS"
    show image "LNS.jpg"
    break

    -- and so on...

  end switch
end mouseup

Depending on how and where you're showing these images, you'll probably
want to add a mechanism to hide the previous image before you show the
next one.

Is this what you had in mind?

Regards,

Howard Bornstein