Stack or Window Style, like SuperCard

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat May 24 02:29:01 EDT 2003

François Cuneo wrote:

> I'm "a experienced  SuperCard SuperCard developer>":-).
> I have a question about revolution 2: How is it possible to choose the style
> of a window (a stack if I have well understood) in Rev?
> (standard, document, palette...)?

Yes.  In addition to supporting SuperCard's syntax for treating window
styles as a stack property:

  set the style of stack "MyStack" to palette

...it may be more convenient to use the commands available for that:

  palette "MyStack"
  modal "MyStack"
  toplevel "MyStack"

The difference is that the property is persistent, so to edit the stack
you'll need to change its style property back to "toplevel" (the default
document window mode).

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation