locating specific styles in styled text

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Fri May 23 13:50:01 EDT 2003

At 10:52 AM -0700 5/23/03, Chris Sheffield wrote:
>Is there any way to locate a certain style in a block
>of text and then manipulate that chunk?  For example,
>if I have a word that's bolded, is there any way to
>locate just that word and turn it blue or something
>like that?

The easiest way to handle things like this is to use the HTMLText property.
For example, if you want to turn all the bold words in a field blue, you'd
do something like:

  on mouseUp
    get the HTMLText of field "Make Me Blue"
    put "<font color=" & quote & "blue" & quote & ">" into blueTag
    replace "<b>" with "<b>" & blueTag in it
    set the HTMLText of field "Make Me Blue" to it
  end mouseUp

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/