Stack size and Windows

Graham graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 21 10:01:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, 20 May 2003 14:02:00 -0700, Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

>Use the windowBoundingRect instead of the screenRect to account for the
>Start bar on Win (and the Dock on OS X).

Richard, you're always right!! Before mailing I really tried to find this
info in the docs but it is not easily found, even in the essay on windows.
I went back after reading your message and indeed it's there but a bit
buried. IMHO this should be covered in the essay under another heading than
"Why doesn't my stack maximise or zoom to the full screen size?", since my
question is more like "how can I make sure there is room for the toolbar
and title bar on the screen where my stack is displayed?". Or a
straightforward search function would probably have found it, but as far as
I know there isn't one (go on, someone tell me there is and I've missed it
- I seem to miss so much else).

Anyway thanks very much indeed - on we go.

Graham