What the Shell is wrong here?

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Wed May 21 00:31:01 EDT 2003

I'm trying to execute a DOS shell command within my script to clear the
read-only file attribute of a file that has been copied from a CD (I'm
delivering the app on a CD and need to make one of the stacks writable).

Based on previous posts on this subject, I'm using a command that
evaluates to:

get shell ("attrib -r" && "C:\Documents and Settings\IFTF\My
Documents\Consumer Segmentation\resources\Process Guide Steps.rev")

I've proven that the path is correct for the file I'm trying to affect.
If I type this command into the Message box however, I get this error
message:

Script Compile Error.
Error Description: Script: missing "" after literal

I can't figure out where the problem is and what the error message means.

Little help?

Regards,

Howard Bornstein