DIAL TONES AUDIO FILES

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Tue May 20 14:13:01 EDT 2003

Ken and list members,

Since there seems to be a reasonable need for this and I like to give
back, here's a URL for those Hypercard dial tones we've been talking
about...

http://www.barncard.com/dial_sounds.zip

it's tiny, about 32k.

Inside the zipped folder is

all tones:  * # 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 A B C D

1. in a mac resedit resource file -- oops - zip don't do resource files
2. in .wav files 8 bit (original resolution)
3. in .aif 16 bit 44.1 files

all the tones are very short - perhaps just a few cycles and are
intended to be looped for length, they seem to be ready for that -
the zero crossings at the start and end are right. Some of the
waveforms are quite interesting to look at in an editor.

I'll leave this up for a week or so..

enjoy...

stephen barncard