Dial/dial tones (repeat message)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue May 20 13:58:20 EDT 2003

Hi, Ken!

On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 08:03 AM, Ken Norris wrote:

> I know RR/MetaCard doesn't have a 'dial' command, although I REALLY
> wish it
> did. What are the chances of getting such a thing?

I'm not sure what you want.  Answers you are getting seem to be related
to creating sounds.

Or do you want something like this:

1.
If modem is off-hook, put it on-hook and wait a few seconds.  Then take
the modem off-hook, wait for dial-tone and dial.  Leave modem off-hook
until #2 below.

and

2.
Hang up modem after some period or upon command.

(Issues:  The modem is specified in a platform specific manner.
Search?  Also...  The modem and, say, a speaker phone in your friend's
room will be on the same line and the speaker phone be hung up when not
in use and just before dialing, so your friend will need to be able to
handle that in addition to accessing the computer.)

Dar Scott