2.0 Annoyance: Window resize

curry curry at pair.com
Thu May 15 23:08:02 EDT 2003

>It's simple to fix. Just set it once on openstack of your first stack. (I
>also put a bunch of other stuff in this condition test).

Thanks, Chipp. I know it's easy to fix, in fact I can just set the
boundingrect (or the rect of the win itself) without even testing for
the environment first, in most cases. But my complaint is not about
how to fix it stack by stack, but whether it's relevant that we
should need to do so. Not cursing the dark and refusing to light a
candle, but just looking at the big pile of matches and candles that
are going to be needed and wondering should I talk to the light
company. :-)

It's just that the need to fix it is imposed only due to the dev
environment, while the window does actually physically fit in that
environment! Since it is relevant only to the dev environment and not
the project itself, should it need to be changed in every project, or
would it make sense to adjust the algorithm or add a preference in
the dev environment. Is it better to try to keep what's relevant to
the stack in the stack and what pertains to the dev environment in
the environment?

Curry