Grabbing groups

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Wed May 14 19:52:02 EDT 2003

Rob Cozens wrote:

>Hi Jim,
>
>If the "non lens" portion of the figure is transparent, try making it opaque.
>
>If that doesn't work or doesn't fit your design, place a button or
>other control behind the figure with the handler:
>
>on mouseUp
>    send mouseUp to image "My Figure Name"
>end mouseUp
>
>or just set the icon of the button to the id of your figure.
>
>Hope that helps.
>--

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the *multiple* solutions. Since it is a group (a
collection of two graphics) that I am trying to move with the mouse,
only  one of alternatives work for me. Apparently a group will not
take as an icon the graphic displayed in the group.

But a button behind the group works splendidly, using a mouseMove to
cause the button and the group follow the mouse.

Thanks again,

Jim