write file creates .htm which loads in TextEdit

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Mon May 12 18:09:01 EDT 2003

I don't know if this is a fault with Rev 2.0 or with Mac OS X or me (probably
me ;).   I've written a Rev app which writes a small text file called
"dynamicdata.htm", to the hard-drive.   I next want to have Revolution open
this file in Internet Explorer.   The problem is that even though the
extension is .htm, Mac OS X is assigning TextEdit as the file-type/owner of
this file instead of IE, so when Rev goes to open it with the revGoURL
command, it just opens TextEdit instead of launching the page with IE.   Is
there a way I can get around this problem?