Here we go again on Launch

miscdas at boxfrog.com miscdas at boxfrog.com
Mon May 12 13:19:01 EDT 2003

Roger Guay writes:
[SNIP]
> Thanks, Dan.  This works very well indeed.  Of course I will need to solve
> the problem for Windoz later on, but for now at least, this will do.

=============
Mr. Guay,

Here are 2 options for WIN 32 systems.

First method: using shell

get shell ("start C:/ZinioInstall.txt")

You need the full path to the file to be launched.

The specified file extension must be mapped to an application. In this
example on my system TXT files are mapped to Notepad, so Notepad is launched
and the file opened. Similarly, HTM, HTML, SHMTL are usually all mapped to a
browser. Therefore, use the shell command in the sme way to launch the
default browser and open the file.

Second method: using launch

launch "D:/Domar10.doc" with "C:/Program Files/Microsoft
Office/Office/WINWORD.EXE"

You must know the full path to both the file you want to launch and to the
application.

As you can see, there are pluses and minuses to each method.

miscdas