help, need help with developing content search application

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Sat May 10 06:39:01 EDT 2003

>Does anybody know a way to use revolution to build a stand alone application
>that would scan a hard drive and enable the user to search for files with
>specific words or phrases, in a similar way to sherlock, and be able to do
>so no matter whether the computer is Unix, Windows or Mac (all varieties).
>And having scanned the drive produce a report listing all relevant files and
>having done so, print them

Hi James,

you might be interested in this, to get you started

http://www.sonsothunder.com/index2.htm?http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/re
volution/revolution.htm

scroll down the page and look for Tip file007

or search the Metacard archives for "get a List of files"

The script discussed in that thread will give you a complete hirarchical
file listing. Filtering the resulting file-list with your keywords should do
the trick.
Add a printing routine and a nice GUI and you´re done. :-)

BTW: Ken,Scott and all others from the MC List, could you mail me off list
who were the inventors of that cool directory walking script? I would like
to use a modified version in an app. and want to give credits. :-)

Regards,

Malte