externals APIs?

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Sat Mar 29 17:59:00 EST 2003

On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 05:32  PM, erik hansen wrote:
>> The Rev External SDK mentions "You may also
>> find one of the HyperCard
>> books that cover externals useful."
>>
>> Is the De Voto, Kamins, Winkler book the one
>> being referred to?
>
> correct

I bought a copy of _Hypertalk 2.2 The Book_, 2nd ed. It looks like a
fine book and I'm glad I bought it, despite that the chapters on
externals are removed from this edition. on p5 it says

"""To make space for new information about hypertalk itself and because
they covered only versions through 1.2.5, the chapters "Overview of
Externals" and "Glue Routine Refernce" have been removed from this
edition. ... can be found in Apple's HyperCard Script Language Guide,
3rd ed. Appendix A
"""

IS this information available electronically anywhere? Although it's
easy to find these out of print books on Amazon, it's still tedious and
time consuming.

Thanks,

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com