QT movie address in player

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Mar 28 13:00:01 EST 2003

**********
> Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 23:39:47 -0600
> From: Ronald Zellner <zellner at neo.tamu.edu>
> Subject: QT movie address in player
>
> When I play a QT movie in  Revolution 1.1.1  by embedding it in a
> player, the pathway is absolute and will be incorrect if I move the
> files to another computer. This is especially problematic if it is
> converted to a standalone file which is delivered on a CD since the
> file can't be edited.
> Is there a way to have a stack start up and immediately display the
> movie that was originally embedded there.
> Ron
----------
Hi Ron,

Actually we just covered this a few days ago.

NOTE: If your stack is already a standalone, you'll have to rebuild it to
implement these. There are two basic ways:

1) If you want to keep the movie in an offstack file (saves stack memory)
like you already have it:

  a) Put the stack file and the movie file in the same folder, which
  normally becomes the defaultFolder at startup of the stack.

  b) Have your stack simply call the movie file for the player by its
  fileName. The assumption here is that the movie file is in the
  defaultFolder.

  c) Burn the FOLDER containing the stack and the movie onto the CD.

2) If you aren't concerned about stack size (memory) you can embed the movie
into the stack as a videoClip object:

  a) Pull down the File menu > Import As Control > Video File...
  Choose your movie file and Rev will import it into your stack as a control
  object.

  b) Now use this simple command (using your own movie name of course):

play videoClip "MyHotMovie"

HTH :+)
Ken N.