[OT] Flash wants standalones

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Mar 27 15:21:00 EST 2003

I think that's why they're charging 20% (of the release cost?) of
commercial software that takes advantage of this. From the link:

-----------------------
Macromedia Central will create an environment where Flash applications
can run independent of the browser. Along with providing the client
software--a free addition to the free Flash player--Macromedia plans to
sell a wealth of downloadable Flash applications created by third-party
developers. Macromedia will take 20 percent of any software sales, with
the rest going to developers.

I'm not so sure I like that idea if it is mandatory (and I'm not even
sure I like it if it isn't)...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com