use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #1212 - 14 msgs

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Mar 25 17:37:02 EST 2003

> just to clarify:
> does anyone on the list have video footage that
> can be streamed from rev to a qt player?

Hi Eric

It seems you are getting mixed up between our ability to use QuickTime
streaming in the player object to receive streamed media and our INABILITY
to stream from rev to another QuickTime player. To stream from rev you would
need to implement the Real-Time Transport Protocol to create an RTP server.
You would also need to set up some way for the client to find the server if
you are talking about peer-to-peer streaming.

Check out http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/rtp/ for more info on developing a
server.

Regards

Monte