What is needed to use mySQL on Mac OS9 and OSX

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Mar 25 01:30:01 EST 2003

Hi Don,

Only the professional license allows Rev to connect to MySQL databases.
Is that what you have?
Since you can connect using other programming tools, the SQL stuff must
be installed correctly and you must be using the correct user name,
address, password etc.

I use a script like this to make the initial connection:
on mouseUp
   put fld "db user" into dbUser
   put fld "db password" into dbPass
   put fld "db path" into dbName
   put fld "db address" into dbAddr
   if dbAddr is empty then put "localhost" into dbAddr

   put revdb_connect("MySQL",dbAddr,dbName,dbUser,dbPass) into dbresult
   if dbresult is a number then
     put dbresult into fld "db ID"
   else
     answer dbResult
   end if
end mouseUp

Try this and see if you can get a connection ID number back. I have
only connected to databases installed on my own computer rather than
over a network, but it should work much the same. I use OS X and
haven't tried any of this under OS 9.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au