runrev 20 alpha4 state

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Mon Mar 24 11:44:01 EST 2003

On Saturday, March 22, 2003, at 01:45  AM, Peter Fink wrote:

> I did not follow the RR discussion for a while. I'd like to ask
> someone from
> the community the following.

Peter, I've used the pre-beta 4 a little bit so maybe I can answer
these questions.

> (1) Is RR 2.0alpha4, that is 2.0B0.97, stable enough, from the
> experience?
> (1a) at least as stable as 1.1.1r2 -- which is stable?

Stable enough for what? It probably won't be as stable as 1.1.1 until
2.0 final release.

It's stable enough to see the new features, kick the tires, do some
testing, etc. But I'm still using 1.1.1 for my day to day work.

> (2) what does it mean: field palette, and other palettes are not
> available?
> The field inspector is there.

I think in 2.0 pre-beta 4, all of the palettes are there. The
properties inspector is just different than in 1.1.1 so you might have
to look around. e.g. the Colors and Patterns tools are now in the
properties inspector instead of a floating palette.

> (2a) the color properties are more hard to access than before.

The toolbar is simplified and cleaned up. It might take a little
getting used to.

> (3) where is documentation about version 2.0? At least some deltas
> would be
> needed by me.

See What's New.txt in the 2.0 distribution. Also the embedded
"Revolution Documentation" has been updated comprehensively.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com