Send an eMail attachment?

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sun Mar 23 18:22:01 EST 2003

**********
> Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 11:48:48 -0800
> Subject: Re: Send an eMail attachment?
> From: Dan Friedman <dan at clearvisiontech.com>
>
> Jack,
>
> Thanks... But this doesn't solve the problem.  *I* want to include the
> attachment in the eMail.  I know that I could have the user add the
> attachment, but since I know what file needs to be sent, I would like to, at
> runtime, set that parameter.
----------
URL calls are just that. AFAIK there is no parameter for attachments.
Attachments may have differing file extensions for Windows, compression
schemes, etc. These aren't intended to be handled by URL "mailto:"
parameters, and even if they could, the parameter type names would probably
be different from Emailer to Emailer.

if you're using a Mac, rather than using the URL, you might have to write an
Apple events routine in AppleScript according to the available AS functions
in the AS dictionary of your particular Emailer.

There may be other solutions.

Ken N.