Filemaker Pro, Web and Rev - Correction

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Sun Mar 23 08:14:01 EST 2003

At 11:09 am +0000 23/3/03, Gary Rathbone wrote:
>Sorry for the incomplete earlier post...Too early in the morning...
>Anyway...
>
>I've been playing with Filemaker and Rev for a project I'm working on.
>Basically there's an existing Filemaker database and I want Rev to sit on
>the server and periodically query it.
>
>When I type
>
>http://127.0.0.1:68/FMPro?-DB=requests.fp5&-Format=qeds/results.htm&Status=C
>urrent&-Find
>
>into my web browser I get exactly the data returned that I would expect.
>
>If I use a button in Rev with a script as below...
>
>put
>"http://127.0.0.1:68/FMPro?-DB=requests.fp5&-Format=qeds/results.htm&Status=
>Current&-Find" into tURL
>put URL tURL into fld "tout"
>put the result into tres
>
>The first click works (great!), if I click again it produces nothing, if I
>click again the result is...
>error Previous request not completed

It's hard to say exactly what is happening. But until the second
click produces a result, any subsequent clicks will produce the error
you got. With "get url" (or its equivalents), only one url can be
requested at a time.

How long did you wait after the second click before clicking again?
To know if something has gone wrong, you'll have to wait until at
least as long as the socketTimeout interval. If you need to prevent
users repeatedly clicking a button that gets a url, you should
disable it until the current request has completed.

If you still think something is wrong (i.e. there is no result
however long you wait), make sure you are using the latest version of
liburl (currently 1.0.9). It's available at:

<http://www.runrev.com/revolution/developers/interimreleases/liburl/releases.shtml>

Cheers
Dave