Math question: How to compute the area of polygons

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Mar 21 22:12:01 EST 2003

On Friday, March 21, 2003, at 07:46 PM, Jim Hurley wrote:

> Since the last point in the list is identical to the first point (it
> is a *closed* polygon), the last edge is included by performing the
> repeat up to the number of lines (points in the polygon) in tList.

My error.  I had remembered the doc on the points property to say that
the difference between closed and not closed is determined by whether
the last line is blank or not.  I didn't realize the last line would be
the same as the first in a closed polygon, so I thought the loop should
be initialized with the last.

Dar Scott