use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #1231 - 14 msgs

Tuviah M Snyder diskot123 at juno.com
Fri Mar 21 17:45:01 EST 2003

> Does anyone have a good example of using Revolution
> with a mySQL database?  I'm looking specifically for
> something that uses embedded mySQL because we'd like
> the database to be as transparent as possible.  We
> don't want to require that users start up a database
> server anytime they want to run our program.  Granted
> this can be done at boot up
You may want to consider using Valentina as your database if what you are
looking for is a good single user local database. RevDB should be able to
connect to mySQL regardless of whether it's a embedded or not, you would
simply use localhost to connect, and replace libmysql.dll with the
embedded version.

Database Examples can be found at:
http://www.runrev.com/revolution/downloads/developerdownloads/DB
Examples.zip