Math question: How to compute the area of polygons

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Fri Mar 21 07:49:00 EST 2003

Please excuse my terrible spelling in my last post. Seems as if I left my
brain at home today...

Thanks a lot again. :-)

Jim,
your solution is more than close to what I am looking for. (I just would
need variable numbers of sides and bob is my uncle. I´m really happy, so I
don´t know if I can get this silly grin from my face today. ;-) )
I had to put a comment mark on the two scripts, where you call a handler
called ct (does it require TG to be present?)
The point is, that in the game logic I am thinking of there will never be
more than 2 objects colliding. So if I check with the intersect function
first this will defenitly be fast enough to run smoothly.

Raymond,
your code is pretty usefull to. It´s possible that I have to measure areas
(create poly above jpeg in runtime, get area of that poly). So this is
pretty useful.

And thanks to Tomas. I´m glad I have a basic understanding of
BASIC-Languages, so I will try fiddling around with your code, if you don´t
mind.

Have a nice Weekend!

Regards,

Malte