mouseUp vs mouseDoubleUp?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Mar 20 04:09:01 EST 2003

I'm in a bit in a quandry...

I want to do separate things for the mouseUp and mouseDoubleUp messages in a
field. Here's a simple handler for a single button on a new stack...

on mouseUp
  put "got One" & cr after msg
end mouseUp

on mouseDoubleUp
  put "got two" & cr after msg
end mouseDoubleUp

Sometimes the mouseDoubleUp fires first, sometimes the mouseUp fires first.
But they always BOTH fire. How can I control the order, which I need to be
able to do to create separate functions for each of the messages?

(XP 1.8GHz)

-Chipp

PS According to the docs...this shouldn't happen:
"Add a mouseDoubleUp handler that calls the mouseUp handler. If the user
clicks rapidly twice, the second click sends a mouseDoubleUp message instead
of mouseUp. Capturing the mouseDoubleUp message ensures that the object
receives a separate mouseUp message for each click"

Chipp Walters
Altuit, inc.
http://www.altuit.com
http://www.chipp.com