Flash/QTdebug/ActiveX

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Mar 19 15:09:02 EST 2003

Recently, Trevor DeVore wrote:

>> Personally, I would rather see Rev updated with some of Flash's
>> features:
>> text and graphic antialiasing, draw object transparency, multichannel
>> sound
>> (not using QT), rotatable text, etc.  Why use two separate tools to
>> get the
>> job done when you could use one?
>
> It would be nice to have Rev be able to do the things that Flash does
> but Flash is a very powerful vector animation tool and recreating the
> useful things it can do would be a lot of work.

There's no denying it would be great to have full Flash available within
Rev/MC, though in my work I often find that the nature of a job drives what
used.  For example, projects that do a great deal of OS interaction usually
don't require powerful vector animation (in fact, users will say this gets
in the way of accomplishing their tasks).  Likewise, heavy animation
projects are often end results in themselves, without demanding OS
interaction.  Thus you might be find that in the overall scheme of things,
the work needed to achieve your goal is less than what you imagined.

> I like using the best
> tools for the job when they can be integrated together.

Don't we all. :-)

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director