Flash/QTdebug/ActiveX

Trevor DeVore trevor at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Mar 18 20:50:00 EST 2003

On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at 02:43  PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

>> As I've said before, I'd be excited about using Rev if I could imbed
>> Flash files for animation and interfaces. If I'm the only one
>> interested in this I'll shut up and lurk ;-]
>
> I don't think you're the only one interested, I think there's simply
> the
> problem of reliability.  As far as I know, the interactive side of
> Flash has
> never worked well under QuickTime, until maybe recently with QT 6.
> Even
> then, I seem to recall some folks saying that clicks and other mouse
> events
> do not always get processed reliably or can happen slowly.  There may
> also
> be an issue of version (there was in the past): does QT6 support
> FlashMX or
> Flash 5?  But in terms of animation, you should be set; just make sure
> you
> allow for the brief QT initialization delay when starting up your
> stack.

FYI - QuickTime 6 supports Flash 5 content and it can be used reliably.
  I create wired QT movies using LiveStage Proefessional and use Flash
in QuickTime projects for interface elements such as menus generated
from XML files.  Load
http://www.mangomultimedia.com/clients/devore/blueplayer.mov into
QuickTime Player 6 for a simple example of a Flash menu created
dynamically from an XML file.

Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com