Replacing group images (was Standalone UI's, data stacks, image

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Mar 18 18:28:01 EST 2003

**********
> Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:47:22 +0100
> Subject: Re: Replacing group images (was Standalone UI's, data stacks, image
> files)
> From: Klaus Major <k_major at os.surf2000.de>

> Imported image and not referenced?
-----------
Sure. It doen't matter because it goes into a standalone in the end.
Whenever I close the stack it disappears anyway.

The end result I'll be doing is establish a default startup image, and have
others available from preferences to switch with it
-----------
> In that case:
>
>> on mouseUp
>> set the defaultFolder to "Doggies"
>> answer file empty with filter "JPEGs,*.jpg"
> if the result is not "cancel" then
> put url("binfile:" & it) into img "myImage"
> end if
> end mouseup
>
> I hope i got it right...
> (It was just too easy ;-)
Yep. I followed Jacque's (with a mod) which is similar and it worked!

Any reason we can't use the same format for sounds, or even data (text,
numbers, etc.)? That way I could develop a script with filters that can
search fro anything I plug in.

Thanks,
Ken N.