Launch Command

Roger Guay rogerguay at centurytel.net
Tue Mar 18 15:45:01 EST 2003

> Thanks  to all for your prompt reply, but nothing works!  I've tried:
>
> 	Launch "/Hard Disk/Applications/TextEdit.app"
>     	Launch "/HD/Applications/TextEdit.app"
>      	Launch "/Macintosh HD/Applications/TextEdit.app"
>        	Launch "/Macintosh HD/Applications/GetIt/TextEdit.app"
>    	Launch "/HD/Applications/GetIt/TextEdit.app"
>      	Launch "/Hard Disk/Applications/GetIt/TextEdit.app"
>
> I have assured myself that I do have a copy of TextEdit in the
> Aplications folder.  I then tried putting a copy of TextEdit on the
> desktop and one in the RunRev application Folder and tried:
>
>      	Launch "TextEdit.app"
>
> Nothing works.  Bummer!!!  Any other suggestions?
>
> Cheers, Roger
>

> --__--__--
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 02:35:31 +0100
> Subject: Re: Launch Command
> From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rnke_von_Gierke?= <bvg at mac.com>
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
> launch "/applications/textedit.app"
>

> What's the name of your drive? "Hard Disk", "HD", or "Macintosh HD"?
> Whichever it is, the other two of course won't work.
>
> If it's a name with a space, just for the heck of it try escaping the
> space: "Macintosh\ HD".
> --
> Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout at cs.utk.edu>
> tel: 865 974 9308 (W), 865 673 6998 (H), 865 974 8296 (F)
> http://www.cs.utk.edu/~eijkhout/
>

>   answer file "Select TexEdit:"; put it
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation
>  Developer of WebMerge 2.2: Publish any database on any site
>
> Message: 13
> From: "Ken Ray" <kray at sonsothunder.com>
> To: <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
> Subject: RE: Launch Command
> Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 22:13:09 -0600
>
> Hang on, hang on... if you're running under OS X, applications are
> really bundles, which are seen as "folders" to Rev; in fact, if you do
> simple:
>
>   answer file "Pick TextEdit";put it
>
> you get:
>
>   /Applications/TextEdit.app/
>
> pass that to the launch command:
>
>   launch "/Applications/TextEdit.app/"
>
> and it launches TextEdit. (BTW, it launches without the trailing slash
> as well.)
>
> In any time when you have a question about problems with file paths,
> always do the "answer file...; put it" command to see what Rev thinks
> the filename should be.
>
> Try that and let us know if it works or not.
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software
> Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
> Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Again, thanks to all for your help in this problem.  When I try "answer
fileTextEdit; put it" or "answer fileTextEdit.app; put it", I get the
"Pick" window with the Desktop hilited.  If I navigate back to the
"Applications" folder in this "Pick" window, none of the applications
are clickable, i.e. they are dimmed!  Furthermore,  launch
"/Applications/TextEdit.app/" doesn't work.  Also, my Hard Disk is
labeled Macintosh HD, and I've tried using every suggested variation of
addressing the Hard Disk.  Nothing works . . . .Major Bummer!!  Any
other suggestions?

Thanks, Roger