OS X & answer file

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Mar 18 10:52:01 EST 2003

> > Yes, I've noticed that periodically. It isn't consistent in my
> > experience, but it's damn annoying.
>
> There were are a lot of debates about this on cocoa-dev and
> macosx-dev
> and such mailing lists. I think Apple's concept of how to deal with
> file-to-application bindings was evolving right up till the
> release of
> Jaguar, so now you have this kind of schizoid situation where some
> developers do extensions only, some do creator codes only,
> and some do
> both.

And if it was only Rev, I wouldn't have that much of a problem, but it's
happened to me in Excel on Office X; I go to open a tab-delimited text
file and the open dialog shows it grayed out like it can't be selected,
but it *is* selectable, and when I do so I can open the file.

Go figure...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com