trapping quit

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Mar 17 19:17:23 EST 2003

I'm not getting something. I want to trap the quit message and do some
stuff before my program quits. I finally settled on trying the
shutdownRequest message. When I handle it and pass it in the
development environment, it works as expected: it does the stuff I want
it to do then quits Revolution. But when I compile the stack as a
standalone, the shutdownRequest message gets executed, but the quit
never happens. I even tried adding an explicit quit call to the
shutdownRequest handler. The resultant standalone still will not quit.

I read the dictionary entries for both shutdown and shutdownRequest.
The latter seemed to be the one I wanted, but as I said, it's not
working. The descriptions of both are a little sketchy, so maybe I'm
not understanding something. Can someone shed some light on how these
messages work and what is the best way to intercept then pass on a quit
call. Jeanne?

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University