If this is a feature, it's a nasty one.

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Mar 17 18:42:00 EST 2003

Victor Eijkhout wrote:

> In other words, I consider this a bug.
>
> on mouseup
> send "t 1" to me
> end mouseup
>
> on t a
> set the a of me to "bar"
> end t
>
> Guess what property gets set on mouseup?
>
> And what's worse, I don't see how I can hack my way around it,
> because <set the "a" of me> is illegal. Ok, take a different name for
> the parameter, but I want to use logical sounding names.

A function named "t" with a parameter named "a" makes their use
self-evident?

Using any keyword in an invalid form will cause an error.

You'll find your code working well -- and possibly easier to read and
maintain -- using these popular naming conventions for variables and
parameters:

<http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/scriptstyle.html>

--
 Richard Gaskin