Canceling a libURLftpUpload

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 15:22:03 EST 2003

At 11:15 am -0800 14/3/03, DropBox ForSpam wrote:
>After starting a file transfer with libURLftpUpload in
>rev 1.1.1, how do I abort the transfer?  I tried using
>unload, as that's what the docs seemed to suggest to
>me, but watching my network traffic I could see that
>the transfer continued even after the Unload took
>place.
>
>In simpilest form, I started the transfer like this:
>
>libURLftpUpload FileData,gFtpUrl,"Done"
>
>in my "cancel" Button I used the form:
>
>unload url gFtpUrl
>
>gFtpUrl is a global, and i checked the value in the
>Unload handler to be certain that it was correct, so
>I'm guessing that Unload is not the proper command, or
>I need to do something else in addition to unload.
>TIA
>
>DB

You're doing the right thing. However, you should probably try with
the latest version of libUrl (1.0.9). There was a problem with the
unload feature in an earlier version (can't remember which one
offhand) which could prevent it working in certain circumstances.

Let me know if you still have problems with the latest version.

You can get the updater here:

<http://www.runrev.com/revolution/developers/interimreleases/liburl/releases.shtml>

BTW, this version of libUrl is included with the current pre-beta of Rev 2.0.

Cheers
Dave