Can't add file extension in Windows

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Mon Mar 17 00:41:01 EST 2003

>Good question... I ran your code below (using "the directory" for
>gGraphDefaultFolder) and it worked fine for me. Perhaps it's an OS
>issue? What Windows version are you experiencing this on?

I'm running this under Windows XP. What version did you run under?

Apparently, under XP, even if you explicitly add ".jpg" to the filename
in the save dialog, it deletes it from the file. However, it is smart
enough to know it's a jpeg file. In my case, it's got a big fat Q on the
icon, representing a Quicktime file.

I'm a Mac guy so I'm not up on Windows extensions, but does XP remove (at
least from the user's view) file extensions, even though it knows
internally what the file type is?

Howard Bornstein