Standalone UI's, data stacks, image files

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sun Mar 16 21:08:01 EST 2003

There is an option in the distribution builder to make all substacks
into separate files.
One can put preferences into a textfile with the various text handling
capabilities.

There are many ressources on that topic online available :
the first tip of the week:
http://runrev.com/revolution/developers/articles/tipoftheweek/1.html
the runrev mailing archive (must search):
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/
sons of thunder tips:
http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/metacard/tips/stk001.htm
rev newby board:
http://www.mailping.net/cgi-bin/yabb/
YaBB.cgi?board=questions;action=display;num=1037506133

also there are some topics within the documentation about this:
About... main stacks, substacks, and the organization of a stack file.
Why... can't I save a Stack?
Why... aren't window positions saved in my application?
mainStack
save

The reason why this doesn't get answered anymore is probably that so
many people do not search, but first ask for information (and do not
ask again, because they found their answers trough searching). Coupled
with the fact that this Question comes back again and again, this leads
to a certain fatigue of these in knowledge (at least that is my
theory)...

have fun
Björnke von Gierke