Unwanted tool switch

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sun Mar 16 17:25:01 EST 2003

At 11:02 AM -0800 3/16/03, Ken Norris wrote:
>> send "choose browse tool" to me in 20 milliseconds
>----------
>OK, thanks. Yes it works, but I need to understand it.
>
>Why must I use this command, and why 20 milliseconds as opposed to 5
>millisecionds or 40 mmilliseconds?

20 milliseconds is arbitrary. (Too-short times don't seem to work on slower
machines.)

As for why you need to delay the command instead of just writing "choose
browse tool", this is a workaround to a "nuance" of Rev. I'm not sure
exactly what causes the simple choose command to fail under these
circumstances.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought
http://www.runrev.com/