Rev math

curry curry at pair.com
Sun Mar 16 01:00:01 EST 2003

Rather than rounding off neatly, it seems that the end of
calculations in Revolution that exceed the limit cannot be trusted
after a certain digit. For example, try in the message box:

22222222222222222222+1 (That's twenty two's before the +1)

 From trying it out with some operations, it looks like about 16
digits (whole or decimal) can be trusted. Using the 16th digit as a
rounder, that would mean 15 digits usable answer.

My question is, can we trust about that number of digits for all
types of calculations? And are there any plans to change the way
Revolution handles this?

Thanks,

Curry