Supercard vs. Rev

Chilton Webb chilton at tca.net
Fri Mar 14 13:37:18 EST 2003

Hi Judy,

On Friday, March 14, 2003, at 11:01  AM, Judy Perry
<jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu> wrote:
> I guess MacWorld is forgetting how many years it took to get from SC
> 3.x to SC4 being out the door and shipping.  Not to stab at SC, as I'm
> glad that they're alive, well and in the market... but for a while it
> looked to the outside observer as if SC 4 was NEVER coming.

I believe it's a difference in the demands of the users. Because SC has
been around so long, if SC4 shipped with *any* major bugs, it would be
seen a major failure on the part of the SuperCard team, so the
development cycle for this version was considerably longer than I think
anyone hoped it would be. But the finished product was worth the wait.

SC's installed user base is not as tolerant of the development team's
mistakes as users are on this list.

-Chilton