More Flash (was use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #1196 - 10 msgs)

Bradley Borch brad at activadesign.com
Thu Mar 13 14:12:01 EST 2003

On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 12:01  PM, Klaus wrote:

> With "LIveStage Pro" (maybe other QT editors can do that, too) you can
> add a "qtdebugstr"
> message to objects/sprites/flash-buttons in a QT movie.

 From the Flash MX documentation:

"You can also use the fscommand action to pass messages to Macromedia
Director, or to Visual Basic, Visual C++, and other programs that can
host ActiveX controls."

Does Rev support ActiveX controls? Is this how QT interacts with Rev?
If I'm playing an SWF as a QT in Rev, does the QT layer trap the
commands? Still not sure how this works, but it seems there should be
some way to do it.

Brad