DragDrop

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 12:04:01 EST 2003

--- yves COPPE <yvescoppe at skynet.be> wrote:
> >Bon jour Yves,
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>1) Drag and drop
> >>I began to "play" with 2.0 pre beta
> >>I found this version very much more interesting
> than the previous
> >>
> >>So I'd like to make something new
> >>
> >>I've a LOCKED list fld "A" and a LOCKED list fld
> "B".
> >>I want to drag one line of plain text from A -> B
> >>the (plain) text should disappear from the A list
> and appears in B list
> >>And I'd like the cursor changes when I click on a
> line fo fld "A"
> >>to show the drag and drop may start untiil the
> mouse is released..
> >>
> >>Can someone explain me how to proceed ??
> >
> >I would also like to know that :-)
>

> I hope we find someone who can explain that ;-)
>
> Cheers.
> --
> Greetings.
>
> Yves COPPE

Hi Yves, Klaus et al,

I have something in the pipeline for just that
purpose. It works for the following:
- drag'n'drop between two separate pre-determined
fields
- drag'n'drop within a single field
The thing I'd still like to add is drag'n'drop between
fields and rearranging within the fields at the same
time.

That's why I was hoping that drag'n'drop with list
fields was planned in RR 2.0, but I don't know whether
or not it is one of the 'to be finalised' items.
However, if you want, I can clean up what I have and
host it on my geocities site later today.

Which reminds me: does anyone have custom cursors with
an 'open' hand and a 'closed' hand to show that you
can drag the content, and that you've grabbed it ? If
you, Klaus or anyone else can give me those, I'll
incorporate them.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

=====