use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #1190 - 12 msgs

Bradley Borch brad at activadesign.com
Thu Mar 13 07:50:01 EST 2003

On Wednesday, March 12, 2003, at 07:12  AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

>> What's the easiest way to display flash animation from within a RR
>> standalone? A quick step-by-step guide would be great. Thanks!
>
> Just put a player on your card and let QuickTim handle the rest...

Valetia,

There are some limitations. I've run tests in 1.1.1 and 2 pre-beta
(though not the very latest) and uncovered some quirky behavior. 1.1.1
ran animations VERY slowly, but handled mouse actions well. V2 ran
animations well, but took the SWF within Rev took several seconds to
respond to mouseDown actions, I still haven't figured out how to pass
commands from an SWF within Rev to the Rev player (as you can with an
SWF in Director using Lingo, or a browser using JavaScrip, with the
getURL command).

So if you're just using flash to create motion onscreen, you should be
OK. If I could get Rev to see these commands from an SWF as QT I can
see Rev being a really useful tool for me -- Flash as modular eye
candy, with the ease and cross-platform capabilities of Rev.

Brad