Reading the docs (was Menu manager/switch problem)

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Thu Mar 13 00:41:01 EST 2003

**********

----------snip
> If you plant a seed today and pour ten thousand gallons of water
> on it, you still won't have a tree tommorrow.
----------
Very well put.
----------snip
> In nearly evry case, I'll stake my reputation on the assertion that the
> topic is covered in Jeanne's docs.
----------snip
You've put it very well, Richard. The snipped parts in this post are worth
reading in yours, and I'd encourage anyone new to Rev to read it. I
apologized to Jeanne...I'm aware of her thoroughness, too. I think I was
just too long at the machine trying to "pour ten thousand gallons of water"
on the seed.

I find online docs difficult to deal with because they cover up the work,
and I end up trying to toggle the docs off and on, back and forth, which is
time consuming. I have never had to do that so intensively before because
there was always extensive printed manuals available for HC, and I could
just leave them open to the page while I read and worked the scripts.

I do have my old PB onboard which I maybe able to use for docs reading, but
it's too slow and doesn't seem to have enough memory to run the docs.

Another alternate way would be to have a dual monitor output where I can
move the docs windows onto another monitor.

Is anyone else doing things that way?

Best regards,
Ken N.