Menu manager/switch problem

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Mar 12 23:21:01 EST 2003

**********
> Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:40:12 -0800
> From: "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <jeanne at runrev.com>
> Subject: Re: Menu manager/switch problem

> Page 8 of the Menu Manager tutorial says:
>
> "The File menu contains a Quit item, and the Help menu contains Help and
> About, as well as a menu divider line. We'll leave these menu items as they
> are. (On Mac OS systems, the last item in the Help menu is actually
> displayed as the first item in the Apple menu.)"
----------
By golly, you're right! There it is! I went through those pages 4 times and
still didn't see it. Must have been the parentheses that blinded me. My
sincere apologies.
-----------
> This behavior and the reason for it are also discussed at some length in
> "About menus and the menu bar".
----------
I just went there to look and it did take awhile to find it, i.e., it's
pretty far down. I remember going to look awhile back, but I mistook the
"Find article" box to mean it would search the page, but it doesn't. What I
should have done, in hindsight, was to use <find "Help" > in the message
box. Since the "Find" menu item like HC has was gone, I didn't even think
about typing it into the Message box because of a 15 year-old HC habit, you
see. Any possibility of putting a "Find" feature in?
> Now, short of creating a special "neon" text style for the docs, tailored
> to each reader (which I'm starting to think I'm going to have to do.... ;-)
Nahhh...only for idiots like me who can't tell when they've been in front of
a computer screen too long and go blind.

Thanks,
Ken N.