license issues (was mystery exception)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 12 13:38:08 EST 2003

Robert Brenstein wrote:

> No, I do not want open general scripting and I don't see how one can
> easily make an alternative authoring tool. If a do is executed within
> a context of my handler, not everything will run. In this specific
> project I would parse user input anyway to make sure it meets my
> requirements, so I could check for any illegal calls, but I'd want to
> use do for efficiency of execution (data is read separately so it is
> not a concern here).

I'll bet there's a way to do it in Rev (if you'll pardon the pun), script
limits and all.

In some ways it's a lot like the non-asynch mouse messages:  for a while
there was a lot of talk that handlers dependent on polling mouse evebnts
were impossible to rewrite using mouseMove, but with a little help from
others on this list such handlers were rewritten and people moved forward
with their work.

While not likely to be a one-liner, my hunch is there's no project authored
in HC that can't be at least as useful authored in Rev.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation